MINUTES FOR REGULAR BUTMAN TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
5005 N Hockaday Rd., Gladwin, MI 48624
August 14, 2019
Meeting called to order at 10:00 a.m. on the above date. Supervisor Dan Gonzales, Treasurer Nancy Greene, Clerk Sharon Hobin, Trustee Mike Mahaffy and Trustee Jac Groppuso were present along with seven (7) citizens who were in attendance. The following represents a brief summary of all motions, resolutions, ordinances, and actions taken by the board at this meeting; along with other information of general interest to the public.
- Motion by Mahaffy/Groppuso to approve the agenda. Ayes carried; motion passes.
- Hobin presented a recap of postal machine usage for the year. YTD the township has saved 10% in mailing costs.
- Chief Pollock presented the BTFD report for July 2019. They responded to Fire 1, Rescue/Jaw calls 0, Medical 7 and Mutual aid 1.
- Brian Owens presented the Suez Wastewater report. The month of July was busy maintaining lawns and equipment. Stations 16, 3 and 6 alarms alerted Suez to “high water” resulting from a mop head and rags being flushed into the system. There was 1 sewer installed on Fairview.
- County Commissioner Kyle Grove was absent.
- Motion by Greene/ Groppuso to approve the June 2019 consent agenda, including unpaid bills for July 2019, $154,939.73 and board minutes for July 2019. Ayes carried; motion passes.
- Supervisor, Danny Gonzales, reported that resurfacing of roads is in progress on Greensboro, Kings Way, and Dormie.
- Treasurer Nancy Greene reported that property tax bills, sewer bills, and new home purchases are keeping them busy!
- Clerk Hobin reported on the boat launch. The pads are moving & leaving huge drop offs. Delisle was called to move the pads forward.
- Trustee, Mike Mahaffy, is in the process of investigating costs of building boat docks at the Township Boat Launch.
Motion by Mahaffy/Greene to approve Amendment to Ordinance 16-19. Roll Call: Ayes 5, Nays 0.
A concerned citizen addressed the board regarding the Cattails on Dutcher & Hockaday, blocking the view when pulling out on Hockaday Rd. She would also like Thursday garbage collection returned to Mondays.
Motion by Greene/Hobin to adjourn the meeting at 10:30 a.m. Ayes carried; motion passes